Relapsed

Well I had hit the week mark and apparently decided that that was the time that I needed to relapse 🫤 I'm trying to not beat myself up over it and see that me going on the app still is progress

30 Likes

In the Big Book it describes 4 stages of addiction, each progressively worse. The best part is the 4th or worse stage is when there is the most hope. If we only did a little or it was not interfering with our lives much, why would we bother trying to quit?
Have you tried a meeting or reached out to someone in recovery in your area? It helped me so much.
Every slip I have ever had was an opportunity to dig deeper and uproot any reservations and dive back into step work with a sponsor.

2 Likes

Stay close to God

2 Likes

It is this view of repapse and recovery that finally allowed me to stop beating myself up and start truly progressing. Still, I have so much to learn, no doubt, but the progress I have made in these last 2 years has been life changing.

2 Likes

We are our worst critics, Nichole.

Unfortunately, we are alcoholics and drug addicts.

Sometimes we fall and we relapse.

Just remember, we cannot do this on our own. We need a sponsor who can help us do the steps.

We need a support group to show us how strong we are.

We need meetings a home group where we feel safe to share when we are struggling.

we need communities like this to where we know we are not alone that we have soldiers of men and women standing behind us to help pick us back up and say.

You are worth fighting for lift your head up high and keep pushing forward.

6 Likes

Keep going! It was a little slip. You got this​:+1::tada:

1 Like

I was there. I would call it self sabotage. A week was good and I know I am going to eventually use again, so I will be the master of when it happens. The drug, or the alcohol becomes our master that we think we are powerless over. Or we say, just once. Once does not work for us. I once fell asleep in a bathtub from being up for so many days, I wore up when my face went under the water. Thank God I wore up, otherwise I wouldn't be here to share this. That was a bottom low.
I wouldn't even look in the mirror to brush my teeth...I didn't like to look at what I was.
I had to face myself and it wasn't even myself anymore.
I constantly thought I was nothing, worthless, hopeless and unworthy.
I am telling you that you are something, special, worthy, loved by many. Move forward and look in the mirror and imagine yourself with a year of sobriety. Being proud of your accomplishment. with a smile on your face from ear to ear. No one can take that away from you, except yourself. Look in the mirror today and say I am worth it and I can do this.
Sorry if this seems deep, but I had to come to terms with this very thing and hopefully my experience with addiction will ring within you and know that someone who has never met you is reaching out to you, because I understand and you are loved and special.

3 Likes

A relapse can help strengthen the sobriety that follows. I’ve had many. My sponsor says to look at them as proof that I cannot drink/use today.

2 Likes

Hi Nichole. You get back up and start this over. You fell off the bus. Just jump back on and get over what happened. You fight harder and harder and you’ll get there. I quit cold turkey. It was a do or die situation and I’m going on 4 years in October and never going back. You stay strong and it will get better.

1 Like

Focus on the positives in you. Know that people are here and in groups all over this country who would welcome you to meetings, praying/wishing for your recovery. We know your struggles and how real they are. Keep reaching out.

1 Like

Right?! Same here. I love that section of the book. It's in "To The Wives", but I am a book thumper. I'm glad that each slip is recognized as a happy opportunity.
I had to seek failure to succeed. Thank you for your comment. It made my heart happy, friend.

2 Likes

Well, good, I am glad to be of encouragement! And yes, a happy opportunity indeed. Anytime we can improve upon ourselves should be considered a happy opportunity. Have a wonderful and blessed day Taylor!

1 Like

Keep going!! A little slip. You got this🙏

Hang in there, slip ups happen unfortunately.

2 Likes

You, as well, friend. It's a great day to have a great day!

2 Likes

I'm in agreement that you're DRINKING AND USING CAREER HAS BEEN RUINED AND RECOVERY HAS BECOME VERY PERSONAL FOR YOU. So you no longer have to RELAPSE. YOU ALREADY DID THAT. NOW IT IS NO LONGER A RELAPSE. IT IS A DELIBERATE ACT. YOU CAN DO THIS ONE DAY AT A TIME

You should be happy that you can recognize the misstep and be able to correct it. Progress not perfection! You got this. We all believe in you!

1 Like

Its not about the mistakes we make. Its how we recover from those mistakes.

1 Like

I failed countless times at first. It takes a minute to get it right and thankfully I finally have and I've been clean for, going on 7 yrs now! I feel like if I can do it anyone can! Do a lot of praying! Stay away from all of your old friends. It's starting a new life. A life worth living! You can do it!:v::pray::heart:

4 Likes

We’ve all been there, keep your head up love

3 Likes