Sobriety

Sometimes with my effed up emotions (I've got BPD, too so that's a sht ton of raw emotions) I take it five minutes at a time. Especially thoughts of my ex and never being with them again, it. takes. my. breath. away.
That's my biggest hurdle right now. I feel like using to blunt the feelings. So messed up lol.
That messed up relationship, that person that hurt me over and over, is my alcohol/ cr**k/ H/ you name it. The withdrawal is the worst I've ever experienced.

So I just think, 'I don't have to be, or can't be, with them just for today, just for this hour, just for these five minutes.' That's easier to swallow.

It's a feelings disease. We just don't know how to deal with feeling. It doesn't matter what the instigating factor or substance is, it's all the same. And it can be hella difficult.

2 Likes

Hugs. Lost together is better than lost alone. More brainstorming of solutions, comradery, etc.

1 Like

Hugs to you. Lost together :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you , I love that.

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Gotta own it. If you truly want it to be a part of you then you need to embrace it. Doesn’t mean it needs to be a topic of conversation every time youre around others, just make it a point to let people know where you stand if it comes up.

2 Likes

Embarrassing because you think they will care or embarrassing because you are ashamed?

3 Likes

It's very isolating, especially when so much of what's available socially revolves around substances. Sending good thoughts your way.

4 Likes

I would say living a normal life on track and now having to deal with sobriety. What about you?

1 Like

I numbed my anxiety with booze so I’m definitely trying to figure out how to deal with emotions without the booze

3 Likes

Yeah I did the same thing. It’s the worst dealing with it afterwards isn’t it?

2 Likes

Absolutely but I should have tried to figure this out years ago…glad I decided to stop though it got way out of control

2 Likes

Yeah you sound like me. It takes alot to fix yourself and at least your doing it. A lot of people wouldn’t do it.

2 Likes

Good morning Geoff

How are you doing this morning brother just wanted to check on you

1 Like

Good morning MORGAN how are you doing with your anxiety?

1 Like

Hi I’m doing pretty good how about you

2 Likes

Why is it embarrassing? It’s self-care. People brag about meditation, fitness, diet…why not brag about sobriety?

2 Likes

That is awesome today I’m truly blessed

2 Likes

Morning anxiety is the worst

2 Likes

Have you ever practiced box breathing?