Sobriety

I'm not sure what that is, Troy?

It’s for anxiety you slowly breathe in, holding your breath in your stomach.

You slowly breathe in for four seconds while listening to your heartbeat, then hold it for four seconds while listening to your heartbeat, then slowly breathe it out for four seconds while listening to your heartbeat, then don’t breathe for four seconds while listening to your heartbeat, and slowly breathe back in holding the Your stomach, then slowly rinse and repeat it. It helps with anxiety and stress. You can look it up on the Internet too. It’s called breathing.

Im dealing with the same situation, only thing is everyone knows but nobody says anything they just don’t talk about it , were a sweep it under the carpet type !
Also im very

approachable person
Cocaine is a mundane thing here ? and feels like a normal thing, !
It flows like water around me !
I would spill ljke a half gram on my lap or something amd just brush it off on the ground without thinking of it!
I would find myself doing in front of people in public places !
Also fir me personally, i have no shame about it , idc who knows or what they think!
When im on it around people that know me amd dont dont it ,
I a sadness in there eyes for me
Not judging!
, then theu
walk away !
That bothers me and makes me feel bad
But then ill do a bump and the world around me disappears!!

Point is to talk to someone that you can trust !
Try not be alone for long periods of time
Give up alcohol as well just, ithat if you drink

Good luck man
That urge will staty with you for the rest of your life , have to avoid what triggers you to wnat it !

nme

1 Like

I remember the cocaine. Now that I’m older I’m like why did I spend so much money on it. Honestly for me my boys loved doing it. I’ve done different drugs and what not but for me it was a big nasal drip essentially. I did a lot of it because I was offered it didn’t really do anything to me. I guess we all have our own substances. Molly hit better for me than cocaine. I’m glad you’re trying to get better and stuff.

Hi all I’m new here, one tool I used was, as a drinker I’d always have a cup in my hand… when I stopped using alcohol I’d fill that cup with anything non alcoholic, but I constantly had a cup. I use a yeti mug, and after 3 years of no alcohol I still carry the same cup. Long story short, if you’re in the habit of drinking keep a cup of tea, juice, water, soda, ect. And continue to have something to drink. Obviously non alcoholic but just the notation of sipping something has helped me

2 Likes

It works if you work it… so keep working because you are worth it, is how we close out the CR meetings I attend.

1 Like