What’s everyone s thoughts on medical marijuana?

What’s everyone s thoughts on medical marijuana?

4 Likes

Put it in a bottle and drink it. Same difference. Any substance that alters your perception of reality is no difference.

1 Like

I agree with K. Still chasing a high that is no good.

1 Like

I’m indifferent about medical substances. For instance, I recently broke my spine and I’m taking tramadol. Now tramadol is an opioid and is commonly abused as a pain killer. But I don’t abuse it. Do I now put it in the same boat as alcohol? Personally, I say no. So I say that to say this. Smoking medical marijuana without a prescription is an addict move and belongs with alcohol. But if prescribed by a doctor, it is medication just like any other. That’s my 2 cents.

3 Likes

Cannabis is no where near as physically or psychologically detrimental as alcohol and I encourage folks to read the scientific literature. As someone who’s struggled with anxiety and panic for many years, medical marijuana has been a very positive influence for me and helped to control triggers that previously made me turn to alcohol.

9 Likes

So not true look at welbutrin abilify with out those helping my mind state no way would I be sober

1 Like

Great alternative to opioid pain reliever

2 Likes

Every time I’ve tried weed it always had led back to vodka

1 Like

Plus my opinion is if not sober your not sober and it doesn’t count being sober

1 Like

Although there are people who use and aren't addicts and can legitimately be prescribed cannabis for medical uses, I will tell you as someone who has worked in a dispensary before that many of the people that came in with med cards didn't need medical marijuana, they needed some therapy.....

No one is going to like my answer but you asked my opinion. I say smoke it, if it doesn't make you act like you do when youre drinking. If it doesn't cause you to pick up a drink when you decide that pot isn't enough, then go for it. I know I may sound like devil's advocate but again she asked my opinion and that's all I gave. I hope it's not shwag because then it's not worth it.

5 Likes

Couldn't agree more.

I tried the gummies for a while but found myself wanting to be high more then sober again…had to stop. For me, gotta stay away from anything mind altering regardless of its benefits for non addicts.

1 Like

Quit your substances in the order in which they are killing you. I have used prescribed marijuana in the past and had long term time away from alcohol. However this time I quit weed and alcohol the same time and I have way more clarity and a better quality of life.

Do what works for you! Don’t get caught up in the semantics of being “sober”. For me, I have used it from time to time. But so infrequently and it never has been a habit or even all that enjoyable in my experience. Totally opposite from how I react to alcohol.

2 Likes

Exactly

I disagree

You know what they say about opinions

Thank you very much :+1::pray::pray::pray::point_up:

That is why the call it medical :hospital: :blush::raised_hands: