What’s everyone s thoughts on medical marijuana?

We can agree to disagree

1 Like

True. Your life. Good luck with that.

It sure is

Sorry :disappointed:

I think everyone has different versions of sobriety, some would probably feel that marijuana is just the same as alcohol or anything and that maybe totally true for them , but it might not be for you. If it helps you get away from your demons and addiction, I’d say it works for you. Getting sober is subjective, we all have stories that are very different and incredibly alike at the same time, take all positives you can and push forward!

3 Likes

“Cali-Sober” has worked well for me. No booze no problem. Gaining trust and confidence back. Do what works for you. If a joint a day keeps the liquor away, do it. Just make sure you’re not getting high all day … cause that’s a problem. Best

2 Likes

I think it’s ok to use anything as long as we don’t get hopped up on it. Once we develop a dependency we got a problem. The whole idea behind sobriety is to learn to live life without any sort of security blanket. Sobriety is about freedom, not extra baggage.

2 Likes

Being mindful is the key :key:

1 Like

I :heart:being cali sober

There is a whole list of reasons we should be careful with medical Marijuana.

• Marijuana can cause symptoms of depression, anxiety, bi-polar disorder, or even schizophrenia to worsen or even appear.
  • modern Marijuana is not the same stuff the research on pot was done on and thus mostly outdated.
  • contrary to popular opinion Marijuana is addictive.
  • using Marijuana to treat emotional trauma is not currently supported by the research.
    *medical Marijuana has a host of diseases it can treat and does so very well, but in use of treating addiction the research says it makes things worse, and at best leaves the user addicted to Marijuana as well as whatever their DOC was.
1 Like

I’ve been on this app for 5 months now. This topic comes up about once a month. The replies are similar each time. I don’t what the right answer is. I only know what’s right for me. Personally I love smoking weed. I love it way too much. I reluctantly had to cut it out of my life. While my life is substantially better without it, I really miss it at times. For me I have to think things all the way thru. For me there are severe consequences. It slowly controls me and screws up my entire life. I’ve proven this over and over many times in the past. So, I make the choice not to smoke it. Truth be told, I’m very jelly of you mf’s that can do it lol. Statically you are taking a chance if you choose the Cali sober route. I haven’t seen much long term success with it, but maybe that will change as we move forward. Most people believe this is a progressive illness. That being said, what you may tolerate now, may kick ur booty down the road. As always, regardless of peoples choices and beliefs, I wish everyone :peace_symbol::heart: :butterfly:

3 Likes

I don’t. I discourage my sponsees to use it.

My question to those who are big proponents of Cali sober is this... What is your reason for wanting to self medicate? Further, what are you trying to escape?

I agree entirely with you on everything you said and can't help wonder why it seems that those who like Cali sober have the same approach every time this comes up.

1 Like

Here is my issue with “medical marijuana”
The doctor gives you a card. It isn’t a prescription. A prescription has dosage and longevity instructions, as well as follow up with the doctor. The card is a license to use pot. With a prescription the doctor can monitor side effects and determine if the consequences of use are detrimental to your health. With a medical marijuana card, monitoring the consequences is on my shoulders. I am an alcoholic. I have already proven that when it comes to controlling consequences I can’t be trusted. Pot is addictive. I have ready proven I have addictive personality disorder.

1 Like

I use to smoke everyday, it became a problem for me. Back then I couldn’t imagine not going a day without it, that’s a problem In my eyes and I quit. About 5 years ago I decide to try it again and it just wasn’t for me anymore and haven’t had any desire. For me personally anything I think I can’t live without daily is a problem for me, same thing happened with alcohol thankfully after a million day 1’s. I am over 100 days sober:)

Oh this is fun! I was just talking about this!! For me (and that’s all I can account for) I had tried to use medical marijuana but always ended up drinking while I was high.. to each their own, but I can’t do one without eventually doing the other - which sucks cause I’m all for the legalization of pot for medical (and really whatever) purposes

1 Like

This

I try to not have a strong opinion on this as love and tolerance is our code. We do have to recognize that we are a bit older than the typical newcomer these days. It’s great that younger people are catching on to sobriety at an earlier age. I was 24 and F’d up when I first came in. I knew pot was an issue for me. That being said, I was already having issues as a teenager. Even then, if you had told me at 21 that I couldn’t smoke weed ever again, I’d a told u to F off! Not sure what my point is :joy:. I guess kids are coming in earlier and earlier today with not quite the bottom or desperation that we had years ago. I had friends that abused the sh!t out of it, and at times it messed up their lives a bit. However, they “outgrew” it (they were not at my stage of addiction). Maybe these kids that are coming here looking for help are like most of my friends that learned to take it or leave it? Maybe not. Only time will tell.

1 Like

Btw they used to prescribe alcohol back in the day. To each their own. Good luck

For me...marijuana is no different than dope or booze. My addiction does not know the difference between street drugs or prescribed drugs.